New Mexico has always been defined by the natural beauty of its landscapes—by past generations who carved out a living from it, and by the next generation that seeks adventure in its folds.
In order to preserve this beauty, it is up to us as the current generation to act as stewards of this land. We can keep our state clean and beautiful with the help of dedicated volunteers like you.
Thank you for pledging to Keep New Mexico True and volunteering at cleanup events in your community.
Every spring New Mexicans participate in the Keep America Beautiful Great American Cleanup, the nation’s largest community improvement program, engaging more than 5 million volunteers and participants to create positive change and lasting impact in local communities. Check back for events happening in your area March through May 2017.
Across New Mexico, communities stage their own annual fall cleanup events, from Company’s Comin’ in Albuquerque to Toss No Más in Las Cruces, Dumpster Days in Farmington to Trek for Trash in Carlsbad, everyone can take action to improve their community’s environment.
Artesia – Saturday, September 24, 2016
Angel Fire – Saturday in October 2016
Bosque Farms – Saturday, October 15, 2016
Carlsbad – Saturday, October 8, 2016
Farmington – Dumpster Weekend! Saturday-Sunday, October 22-23, 2016
De Baca County
Doña Ana County - America Recycles Day! Saturday, November 12, 2016
Rio Rancho – America Recycles Day! Saturday, November 12, 2016
Pueblo of Zuni
Here are a five simple and fun ways you can keep New Mexico true:
- DIY – Organize your own neighborhood cleanup and BBQ and share photos with #keepnewmexicotrue
- Connect – Like our partners on Facebook (Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Keep Albuquerque Beautiful, Cruceño Cleanup, etc.)
- Report - Use the ABQ311 app (Albuquerque) or No Throw app (Doña Ana County) to report graffiti or litter issues
- Recycle – Learn more at iwanttoberecycled.org
- Join the Litterati – upload your litter photo to Instagram with #litterati then throw away, recycle or compost it
Click on the banner below to find your local Clean & Beautiful Organization