New Mexico Tourism Department Online Business Directory
Terms & Conditions
Consistent with the mission of the New Mexico Tourism Department (NMTD), the purpose of the Department's website www.newmexico.org is to market New Mexico as an enchanting destination to the world. In accord with our mission, the following guidelines have been established for determining which external businesses or organizations will be allowed to list on www.newmexico.org:
1. The listing organization or business must have a website and must provide a link back to www.newmexico.org that is prominently displayed on their website.
2. The organization or business that wishes to place a link or listing on NMTD's website must provide goods, services or information through their website that directly benefit the traveling public. The Department reserves the right to determine the relevance of the organization or business as it relates to the tourism industry.
3. Any organization or business that wishes to place a link or listing on NMTD's website must be Based in New Mexico.
4. The organization or business should provide goods, services or information that are unique to New Mexico.
5. The linking website's information must be presented in a positive, appealing manner.
6. The linking organization must provide a good or service that reinforces the Department's mission to market New Mexico as a travel destination.
The New Mexico Tourism Department reserves the right to deny a link to any business or organization that does not meet our guidelines or does not adhere to the department's mission as determined by NMTD.
Beginning March 20, 2008, organizations or businesses that wish to have a listing on NMTD's website must apply for a listing by filling out the online business listing form located on NMTD's website newmexico.org/industry/Login.aspx. NMTD personnel will then review the listing request and approve or deny the listing based on our published guidelines.
The NMTD Web Team will determine the most effective placement of external links on NMTD's website.
Acceptance of a listing on www.newmexico.org does not constitute an endorsement of that business by the New Mexico Tourism Department. Listings are provided as a service to the traveling public, but the Tourism department does not in any way vouch for the accuracy or reliability of external websites.
Placing a listing on the tourism website is provided as a free benefit by the Tourism department. The linking organization or business is responsible for the accuracy and content of any information they enter on NMTD's website. If changes need to be made to a listing, and the link requestor is not able to make the necessary changes using the NMTD website business listing application, NMTD personnel will make the changes on a case by case basis, subject to their adherence to our published guidelines. It is not the responsibility of NMTD personnel to review a requestor's link or website for accuracy or functionality.
The New Mexico Tourism Department reserves the right to review all listings or links and delete them without notice. The New Mexico Tourism Department reserves the right to terminate or modify its website without prior notice.
Events and Deals
These policies are also applicable to any events or special travel offers placed on our site.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
By listing on our site, you consent to our website's policies.
Disputing a Rejection Notice
It is our mission to promote New Mexico as travel destination and help provide the best possible experience for vistors to New Mexico. We also support the tourism industry in our state. If you have submitted a listing for placement on our website that was rejected and would like to discuss our policy please contact either Jordan Guenther Digital Media Director or Max Lehman Webmaster via the information provided below.
We are always happy to to discuss our policies and attempt to resolve any policy issues for the benefit of our state and the traveling public.
Changes to our Policies
If we decide to change our listing policy, we will post those changes on this page.
This policy was last modified on 5/10/2013
491 Old Santa Fe Trail
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
email@example.com Digital Media Director