New Mexico True Winter Activities
Come ski and ride the winter sun on the incredible slopes in the Land of Enchantment! Our eight alpine and three Nordic ski areas dotted throughout the state will provide you with the ultimate in sporting options, stunning scenery, unbelievable food, out-of-this-world shopping, and a never-to-be-forgotten cultural experience. And—oh yes—exceptional skiing and riding.
What you don't know about New Mexico skiing – but should!
- The Rocky Mountains begin right here (and head north, as we see it).
- On average, we're blessed with 300 bluebird days of sunshine a year.
- On average, New Mexico slopes get 300 inches of snow each season.
- The new Kachina lift at Taos Ski Valley is one of the highest in North America.
- Ski Santa Fe is just a short, forty-minute drive from the historic plaza.
- Angel Fire Ski & Summer Resort is the only New Mexico resort with night skiing.
- New Mexico's ski resorts are exceptionally family friendly, with affordable skiing and lodging packages to suit any budget.
View the most recent Snow Report HERE!
Interactive Maps to our Ski Areas and other Winter activities