¡Globalquerque! 2022 returns to the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque, NM USA on September 22 -24 for its Eighteenth Edition!
Thursday, September 22 (7 - 11 PM) - Free Opening Dance Party outdoors at the NHCC on with NM DJs spinning global grooves, amazing lighting installation and a special LIVE performance by México City's Son Rompe Pera! https://www.globalquerque.org/dance-party
¡Globalquerque! is New Mexico's Annual Celebration of World Music & Culture
Featuring 21 performances on 3 stages over 3 days by some of the planet's most compelling music artists including representatives of New Mexico's rich cultural landscape.
EARLY BIRD TICKETS ON SALE APRIL 8 at 10 AM
Tickets available through the NHCC box office | 505.724.4771
First Confirmed Acts Announced: https://www.globalquerque.org/artist-info-and-schedule
For the past 18 years ¡Globalquerque! has offered an eclectic, wide-ranging global exploration with a diverse program of dance, film, crafts, food, educational workshops and activities – and, of course, a myriad of exciting and surprising live musical offerings! From the legendary to up-and-coming, from the traditional to the cutting edge, year to year,¡Globaquerque! presents of the best of what our planet has to offer. ¡Globalquerque! 22 will continue this tradition of excellence and discovery.
¡Globalquerque! is committed to presenting and exploring our world through music and the arts, bringing people together to reflect on our similarities, celebrate our differences and consider and revel in what makes our experiences unique and what makes them shared.
CONFIRMED ¡GLOBALQUERQUE! ELEMENTS FOR 2022:
- Thursday, September 22 (7 - 11 PM) - Free Opening Dance Party outdoors at the NHCC on with NM DJs spinning global grooves, amazing lighting installation and a special LIVE performance by México City's Son Rompe Pera! https://www.globalquerque.org/dance-party
- Friday, September 23 + Saturday, September 24 (6:00 -11:59 PM) - 10 Performances Each Evening on three distinct stages by diverse acts from around world. Check out first confirmed acts (MANY more to be added): https://www.globalquerque.org/artist-info-and-schedule
- Saturday September 24 (10:00 AM - 3:30 PM) - Free Global Fiesta: Among the fun and educational activities, are workshops with visiting performers, talks and presentations,international dance lessons, film, international food demos, Planet Music (a musical instrument “petting zoo” - please touch and play!), and a myriad of hands-on, cultural inter-activities for all ages
- Open throughout all festival parts - Global Village of Craft, Culture & Cuisine replete with booths featuring art work, artisan crafts and gourmet international cuisine. Beer and wine served during evening performances
- Thursdays in September and Saturday Saturday September 24 - Free ¡Globalquerque! International Cinema Series: presenting six films from drama to comedy, documentary to animation from around the world at the NHCC (https://www.globalquerque.org/cinema-series)
A Smattering of What People are Saying...
"New Mexico's ¡Globalquerque! festival offers some of the most adventurous world music programming set against one of the Southwest's most beautiful cities" — Nat Geo Music
"I have been to many global music events, including a handful of WOMAD festivals, and ¡Globalquerque! ranks among the best. Awesome venue, world-class artists, friendly vibe... outstanding.” — Matthew Moon, KXCI-FM (Tucson, AZ)
“You don't need a passport to visit the world's foreign countries, just a ride to Albuquerque, NM. The annual ¡Globalquerque! festival celebrates music, food, crafts, workshops, film and culture from around the world. Best of all, this extravaganza of world travel won't cause jet lag.” - Southwest Airlines Spirit Magazine
"Everyone I was with and everyone I met was enthralled by the selection of music that could be savored in just one evening, let alone over the whole festival." — Charles (Festival Attendee)
“The quality of each and every performance is impeccable--five star. This is an event one wouldexpect to see in New York. New Mexico is now a part of it.” —Gabriel Harrington, Festival Attendee
"You just can't go wrong with ¡Globalquerque!" — Michele Whitteker (Festival Attendee)
- Various Locations
- Albuquerque, NM 87102
- Avokado Artists