An opportunity for four wheel drive vehicle operators of all experience levels to drive trails in a supervised, nationally recognized, 4-wheeling event.
- Family Oriented Trail Rides to Extreme Trail Challenges
- Riverside Camping on the Rio Grande
- Evening events include Wednesday evening Pot Lock with BBQ provided by the LCFWDC, Friday Evening Vendor Expo includes Ice Cream Social and Saturday night Raffle.
- Social time each evening with pot luck meals, a fire pit, stories
Each day’s trail ride is led by an experienced leader who manages the run, helps participants complete the run, oversees climbs over significant obstacles if needed, and stays in communication with participants via a CB radio. There is no competition, just the challenge of the trail. Trails vary from very easy rides, accessible in a stock 4×4, to some of the most extreme trails in New Mexico.
Many opportunities await you in the canyons of Sierra County. Enjoy abundant sun (and occasional wind), take lots of photos, challenge yourself on various easy to hard (or even extreme) obstacles and make lots of new friends. Day and night runs are scheduled to last 4 to 6 hours.
Bring lots of water and plenty of food for what will be an action packed and enjoyable event. Canyons can change from one ride to the next due to flooding so expect the unexpected! Due to the remote location there are few spectator opportunities.
Walk-in registration for trail runs will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis until trail quotas are full. A per day fee is charged.
Chile Challenge 4-Wheel Drive Trail Event
- Hwy 187
- Caballo, NM 87931
- Caballo Lake State Park
- $5 state park admission fee$10-$18 participation fee