To mark the 48th anniversary of the first Earth Day, the City of Rio Rancho’s Keep Rio Rancho Beautiful division invites citizens of all ages to a celebration on Saturday, April 28, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00p.m. at the city's annual Park 'n' the Park event at Cabezon Park.
The event will feature various displays with Earth Day themes, as well as:
- Waste Management recycling truck demonstration
- Learning more about the Sandoval County landfill & compost operations
- Recycling & Household Hazardous Waste information
- DIY leak fixing at your home and conserving water to lower your monthly water bill by
visiting with staff from the City’s Water Conservation Office
- Information about becoming a volunteer Tree Steward
Special Appearances by:
- The Rio Rancho Tree Stewards
- Sandoval County Master Gardeners
- Waste Management
- Southern Sandoval County Arroyo Flood Control Authority (SSCAFCA)
The celebration is coordinated by the City of Rio Rancho’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department’s Keep Rio Rancho Beautiful Division; and the Water Conservation Office, which is part of the Utilities Department.
Earth Day was established by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1970 to be a worldwide nonpartisan day of environmental awareness, learning, and activism on behalf of our planet.
Earth Day at "Park 'n' the Park"
- 2307 Cabezon Blvd. SE
- Rio Rancho, 87124