GEORGIA O'KEEFFE ARTIST IMMERSION
"All the earth colors of the painter's palette are out there in the many miles of badlands." -- Georgia O'Keeffe
JULY 15-19, 2018,
SEPTEMBER 10-14, 2018 or
OCTOBER 21-25, 2018
Immerse yourself in Georgia O’Keeffe’s world as we visit many of her favorite painting locations. Gather for informal discussions, talks and films about Georgia O’Keeffe and the history and culture of Northern New Mexico.
Each day we will guide you to the places O'Keeffe loved so you can paint, sketch, photograph or just enjoy the experiences. Relax each evening in comfort at the beautiful Abiquiu Inn.
Professional Santa Fe artist and certified Golden Artist Educator, Annie O'Brien Gonzales will provide painting instruction and/or assistance. Experienced painters, of course, are free to paint independently with our support and access to our tour locations.
Non-painters, photographers and anyone with interest in O'Keeffe and the Abiquiu area are welcome in the course.
Margaret Wood, former companion to Georgia O'Keeffe and author of "A Painter's Kitchen" and "Remembering Miss O'Keeffe," will join us for a remarkable evening of storytelling.
All events are led by guides with years of experience and extensive knowledge of Georgia O'Keeffe and the history and culture of the Abiquiu area. This is a unique O'Keeffe Immersion experience!
What is included in your registration fee?
- Opening reception & evening talks
- One lunch at Ghost Ranch
- All guided tours/hikes/plein air sessions including- Georgia O'Keeffe Landscape Tour at Ghost Ranch, painting/hiking/photography access at Ghost Ranch, Georgia O'Keeffe Abiquiu House & Studio Tour, Historic Cerro Pedernal Viewpoint, Chama River Overlook, and the "White Place"
- Outdoor painting instruction
What is not included?
- Accommodations at the Abiquiu Inn
- All meals except for one lunch at Ghost Ranch
- Painting supplies--A "Painting Materials" list will be sent after registration. Be aware there are no art supply stores in Abiquiu, the nearest stores are in Santa Fe. Annie can supply easels and other materials for a small fee.
- Transportation to Abiquiu & tour sites-car rentals are available in Santa Fe & at the Albuquerque airport
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
TO RESERVE LODGING, CALL ABIQUIU INN at 800-447-5621
Georgia O'Keeffe Artist Immersion
- 21120 Highway 84
- Abiquiu, NM 87510
- Abqiuiu Inn
- Tuition Registration: https://www.experienceokeeffe.com/explore-coursesLodging: https://www.abiquiuinn.com/events-classes