In this section
1. Look ahead. Planning for much of our content occurs in September and October with details of specific coverage hashed out at least four months before each issue’s publication. The more lead time you give us, the better your chances of getting editorial coverage. Send press releases or event information to email@example.com.
2. Learn the parts. Open up an issue or explore our website. Knowing how your idea fits into our lineup will improve your pitch. Our regular departments:
3. Picture this. We hire great photographers to produce the images you love on our pages, but we also seek pictures from businesses and organizers of annual events. Here are some tips on what makes a great pic:
4. It’s in the mail. Be the first to see each issue by joining our robust subscription base. Click here.
5. Share it. Subscriptions for Students is a new program that puts our magazine into the hands of children and teachers to supplement their lessons on history, culture, and geography, and also to build state pride and encourage family field trips. Learn how to join the program here.
6. Get social. Peruse our online article archives to find great stories about you and your community, then share them on your social-media platforms. (Don’t forget to “like” our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, too. We’ll share if you’ll share!)
7. Promote yourself. Our advertising reps will work out the best mix of print-and-web packages for your needs. Download a Media Kit here: Even better…
8. …We can design and write for you! If you love what we do, let us work with you and/or your agency. Contact us for a meeting, to discuss design and writing services, and to obtain a specialty print quote. Besides the magazine, our products include the New Mexico True Adventure Guide and specialty reprints of feature articles.
9. Hit the target. Online and digital advertising is effective and mobile, and we deliver directly to people looking for more information on New Mexico. We’ll even build your ads. Pricing starts at just $500.
10. Vote! Check our website for our annual Readers’ Polls and make sure you rally your community to vote for your local favorite restaurants and travel destinations.