The New Mexico Litter Control and Beautification Act of 1985, NMSA 1978, Sections 67-16-1 to 67-16-14 abolished the Litter Control Council and created the New Mexico Clean and Beautiful Advisory Committee (“Advisory Committee”), which went into effect on July 1, 2017.
As a result, the New Mexico Tourism Department is soliciting letters of interest and CVs/resumes for the eleven-member Advisory Committee.
The outline listed below summarizes the required components for the Advisory Committee; however please refer to HB 218 for more detailed information.
- 11 members who are knowledgeable in the areas of beautification, blight reduction, litter eradication, waste diversion and modification of human behavior patterns
- 6 members from the regional tourism districts (C, NC, NE, NW, SE, SW)
- 5 members at large
- At least 2 members with experience in tourism, economic development, community beautification or recycling initiatives
- At least 2 members are Keep America Beautiful (KAB) NM affiliates in “Good Standing”
- NO MEMBERS can
- Be residents of the same county (1 member per county)
- Be an employee of the state
- Receive any compensation, perquisite or allowance in connection with their duties, excluding provisions from the Per Diem and Mileage Act
- 1 member to serve as chair
- Meet at least quarterly to conduct business
- Report to the Tourism Commission at each quarterly meeting
- Staffed by the State Coordinator
Please send your letters of interest and CV/resume for the Advisory Committee to Victoria.Romejko@state.nm.us by Thursday, September 14, 2017. Include your name, contact information, CV, and brief cover letter to highlight your interest in serving on the committee.