Back to Previous Page
Dog House Drive In
1216 Central Ave Sw Albuquerque
Central
505-243-1019

This humble spot, with its delightful dachshund sign, has been serving great footlong chili cheese dogs for over 50 years. The Dog House was one of Albuquerque's first "fast food" drive-ins, and it offered car hop service and some indoor seating. The Mead family founded it, and the Hartley family bought the restaurant in 1967 at its original location at 10th and Central Avenue. In 1969, the Dog House moved 2 blocks west on Central Avenue, America's Route 66. They still provide car hops and a handful of inside seats in a space not much larger than a shoe box, and have kept the same beloved chili recipe through the years. Frito pies, fries, and burgers with chili too. Lunch, dinner.