Nearly all of the items in the Miles Anthropological Museum are from a private collection once owned by Fred and Gladys Miles. When Mr. and Mrs. Miles moved to Roswell, New Mexico in 1928 they began collecting mineral specimens and historic artifacts which were displayed for a while at their home and at Fred’s service station on Second Street. In 1966, the collection was sold to Eastern New Mexico University. The artifacts are now on display in the small, family/kid friendly Miles Anthropological Museum on the ENMU campus. The Miles Anthropological Museum is located in Lea Hall, one of the oldest buildings on campus, in what was originally the dining room of a student dormitory. It is free and open to the public when ENMU is in session, with hours set each semester or by appointment. For more information or the current hours, contact the Anthropology Department at (575) 562-2206 or email@example.com.