Red Horse Vineyard B&B is located on property that shares historic ties with El Camino Real, the Battle of Albuquerque, the Neosho Pony Express and the Tewa Tribes. These stories have been passed down through three owners and are substantiated by the large amount of horse tack plowed up on the property. It's a part of the Atrisco Land Grant and continues to be a central community gathering area having hosted local South Valley service groups, school, sports teams and Exchange Club. Red Horse also has been a key location for Sister Cities delegations and events. Although buildings dating back to the late 1800's remain, the main house was constructed in 1922 and is a two story Terrone Abode ranch style home. Recently remodeled to accommodate mobility-challenged guests, the house offers tranquil escapes as a Bed and Breakfast. Rooms are appointed in New Mexico art and history themes as well as paying tribute to the owner's heritage. Staying true to South Valley agricultural traditions, the property remains to be a small, rural farm and produces most of the fruit, vegetables, eggs and wine consumed by guests. The vineyard has vintage vines and the winery process utilizes the original equipment from the late 1800's. European lineage is reflected in the family heirlooms and art work, including ceramic ornaments of the Swedish dala horse that adorns our logo, is lovingly produced on-site, and commemorates our patriarch's lineage. With the house resting on rail box car runners from 1920, the winery and horse tack, the property ties in well to the late 1890's when German and other Europeans arrived in Albuquerque with the train.