From the Art of Eating article in April 2017.
Abiquiú Garden Salad with Beets, Watercress, and Green Beans
From Eloisa restaurant.
Makes 6 servings
- 18 1–2-inch beets—yellow, pink, and red—trimmed and blanched in salted water
- 1 large bunch very fresh watercress
- 1/2 cup green beans blanched in salted water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oils, lemon juice, and the seasonings. Refrigerate.
- Cut the watercress just under the leaves, leaving a half-inch stem. In a small bowl, add half the dressing to the beets and toss until coated.
- Line up the beets on a large plate. Toss the green beans in the remaining dressing and place in between the beets. Hold small bunches of watercress by the stems and dredge the leaves in the dressing.
- Place the leaves over and next to the beets, pointing the stems up. Pour any leftover dressing over the salad