From the "Class Act" article in the April 2018 issue.
Blue Corn Tostada Mash-Up
If you have time, try to make the chicken mole the day before so the flavors can settle in overnight. If you want to simplify this dish, you can use store-bought tostadas, but you’ll miss out on the texture, flavor, and hot crunch of a homemade tostada. Crema Mexicana is a saltier, tangier version of crème fraîche. Look for it in a plastic bottle in the refrigerated section of your grocery store or specialty food store.
- 6 blue corn tostadas (recipe follows)
- 2 cups chicken mole (recipe follows)
- 3 cups Korean black bean refrito (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 cups quick-pickled vegetables (recipe follows)
- 3/4 cup crema Mexicana, divided Avocado crema (recipe follows)
- Assembly Put one tostada on each plate. Top with a -inch layer of refrito. Add about cup shredded chicken. Top with quick-pickled vegetables and dollops of the two cremas.