From the Rooted in Place article in the January 2017 issue.
Buffalo Meatballs and Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 pounds ground buffalo meat
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, preferably turkey or duck, beaten
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside.
- Mix ground buffalo with mushrooms, salt, and eggs.
- Boil water in a large saucepan. Form buffalo mixture into meatballs and place in the boiling water. Cover pan, reduce heat, and simmer until meatballs are done (about 30 minutes).
- Serve over mounds of quinoa.