From the A New Harvest Season article in the April 2016 issue.
- 1 pound pork, cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 16 ounces red chile purée (available in most NM grocery stores, or online)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
Brown pork in a saucepan until almost cooked through. Add diced onions and cook until brown. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer for one hour, or until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.