From the Taste Test article in the March 2017 issue.
Corn Maiden's Hatch Green Chile Au Gratin Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 15 ounces (1 1/2 cups) chopped green chile
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash potatoes and cut into -inch slices using a mandolin or knife.
- Place potatoes in a 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Mix together heavy cream, Parmesan, green chile, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over potatoes, cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven at 325° for 2 hours until potatoes are golden brown and tender. Remove from oven and serve.