From the Rooted in Place article in the January 2017 issue.
Corn Squash Pudding
- 2 cups white corn
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or piñon nuts, shelled
- Cut corn kernels from the cob and finely dice the zucchini. Chop the sunflower seeds or pine nuts extremely fine.
- Mash all ingredients together until the texture is milky. (A blender helps.)*
- Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer until it is thick like pudding. Serve in cups or small bowls.
* Our tester added water to the mix.