From the Homemade in Hatch article in the September 2016 issue.
Elaine’s Green Chile Pasta
- 16 ounces farfalle pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 cups diced green chile
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- Boil water and cook pasta to al dente. Drain.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and sauté in a medium-size skillet until heated through.
- Add pasta, diced tomato, and green chile to the skillet. When the mixture is warm, squeeze a lemon over the ingredients and sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot or cold.
Recipe by Elaine Mitchell, co-owner of the Hatch Chile Store and wife of Preston Mitchell, Joseph Franzoy’s great-great-grandson