From “Bounty Hunting” article in the September 2017 issue.
Goat Cheese Pizza with Figs
- 1 small onion
- 1 5-ounce container Figs n Cream (the dairy’s own chèvre with fig preserves)
- 1 ounce arugula leaves
- Splashes of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 premade pizza crust, about 8 inches
- In a skillet, sauté the sliced onions in olive oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Spread the sautéed onions onto the dough. Stir the fig preserve into the chèvre (the fruit is at bottom) and drop spoonfuls of cheese all over the dough.
- Slide the pizza and the foil onto a preheated pizza stone or cookie sheet and bake at 500° for around 10 minutes or until the crust is just turning golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle arugula over the top, and return it to the oven to bake for about 5 more minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over it before serving.