From “The Beauty of the Feast” article in the August 2017 issue.
Norma’s Green Chile Stew
- 2 scallop (or patty-pan) squashes, sliced
- 2 yellow squashes, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups whole kernel corn (or 3 fresh ears of corn)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups thin-skinned potatoes, cubed
- 5–6 cups broth (or water) Green chile, roasted and chopped, to taste
- Sauté squash and corn in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add onion and garlic to cook, along with the green chile.
- Cook potatoes in a pot of simmering water until medium soft. (The potatoes will continue to cook when you add them to the rest of the vegetables.)
- Mix all ingredients in the pot, add salt to taste, and bring to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add green chile and serve.