Salud! de Mesilla's bowl of vegan goodness carries a punch. Photo by Douglas Merriam.
Salud! de Mesilla's Chris's Vegan Bowl
1. Bring lightly salted water to a rolling boil in a medium pot. Add potatoes and broccolini and blanch until both are tender (check with a knife). Remove from heat.
2. Crumble vegan patties to break them up. Add 2 tablespoons oil to a medium saucepan and sauté patties until cooked to desired temperature (medium well to well done). Set aside.
3. In another medium sauté pan, heat remaining oil and sauté peppers, onion, corn, green chile, and black beans until onions are translucent and other vegetables are cooked through.
4. Toss the chopped patty with the sautéed veggies and season with salt and pepper. Put in two separate bowls.
5. Heat corn tortillas on a warm cast-iron comal or frying pan.
6. Drain potatoes and broccolini and season with salt and pepper. Place in a serving bowl on the side. Serve with tortillas.