From the Earthly Delights article in the May 2017 issue.
Spring Salad with Raspberry Dressing
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon, or more, raspberry jam
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh, seasonal herbs (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a 1-pint mason jar, close lid, and shake well.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the flavor—the more jam you add, the more intense the raspberry flavor.
- Add fresh mint, oregano, or any appropriate in-season herb.
For the salad
- 1 pound mixed spring greens
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, greens removed, sliced thin
- 1 small block Romano cheese
- Clean the greens with a salad spinner, or place them in a bowl of water and swirl them around, allowing grit and dirt to sink to the bottom. Remove the greens and pat dry.
- Gently toss the greens, strawberries, and radishes together in a bowl and plate four servings.
- Drizzle the salad with the raspberry dressing. Use a vegetable peeler and shave the Romano cheese over each salad.