New Mexico True Heroes
Nomination and Selection Process
The State of New Mexico, along with the Gildan New Mexico Bowl, is searching for New Mexico True Heroes; New Mexicans who make extraordinary efforts to make their communities a better place to live, work, and raise families. This honor is intended to recognize New Mexicans who contribute in exceptional ways to the enhancement of our state. The New Mexico True Heroes program will acknowledge the selfless acts of four individuals or groups striving to enhance the quality of life in their community.
- The nomination form will be available from 9:00 a.m. July 25, 2017 through 11:59 p.m. on September 22, 2017.
- New Mexico residents may nominate any New Mexican that they feel has contributed to the betterment of their community and/or the state of New Mexico.
- There is no limit to the number of nominations allowed per person, but all nominees are subject to the eligibility requirements.
- There is no time frame for the when the act(s) performed by the nominee must have been committed.
- Nominations must be submitted online using the official New Mexico True Heroes Nomination Form at www.newmexico.org/TrueHeroes. No other form of nomination is acceptable.
Selection Process for New Mexico True Heroes
- A panel of judges from around the state will review eligible nominations.
- Up to ten finalists will be selected by the panel.
- Representatives from the New Mexico Tourism Department and the Gildan New Mexico Bowl will review the finalists and choose four winners.
- The New Mexico Tourism Department reserves the right to determine the validity of any nominations.
- Selections made by the New Mexico Tourism Department and Gildan New Mexico Bowl are final and not subject to review.
The New Mexico Tourism Department reserves the right to makes additions or corrections to these guidelines as necessary.
Return to the Nomination Page