What are Flex initiatives?
Flex initiatives provide matching funds for eligible marketing or media initiatives of the partner’s own design that are not offered through our Media Menu Plan (MMP). Eligible initiatives for Flex include:
- Media placements not specifically offered in the MMP menu
- Media vendors of partner’s choice, including MMP vendors
- Website development/enhancement and SEO (site must meet New Mexico True guidelines)
- Group Travel Marketing initiatives
- Trade Show exhibits and booth rentals
How is Flex different than MMP?
- Partner funds 100% of costs upfront, with the awarded match amount reimbursed by NMTD after proof of placement, performance, and payment.
- Partner is responsible for program development & negotiation, execution, trafficking creative, and performance reporting. The partner will:
- Negotiate programs with media vendors (estimates must be uploaded and submitted as part of the CoOp application).
- Develop production timelines with vendors.
- Manage production process and secure NMTD creative approval.
- Deliver all assets and traffic ads to vendors.
- Confirm programs are live.
- Track and optimize live media as needed.
- Handle media vendor payments.
- Collect proof of placement and all vendor reporting.
- Complete Flex reimbursement request within 30 days of in-market date for each initiative.
- Complete required reporting to NMTD by July 10, 2024
Flex initiatives require partners to fund 100% of the costs upfront, with NMTD reimbursing a portion of the cost. Here is what you will need to submit your reimbursement for ALL eligible expenses:
- Proof of placement - Invoice(s)
- Copy of creative
- Proof of creative approval – Ensure all initiatives are approved 21 days prior to in-market date. Submit creative assets through the form available through the Brand Resource Hub at https://nmtourism.pica9.com. Obtain the Creative Approval ID number from your PSR and include it in the Additional Information table within the reimbursement request form.
- Proof that payment cleared the bank. Include the following documents:
- Copies of front and back of canceled checks or credit card payment receipt/confirmation.
- Bank statement - Clearly identify the charge that is being submitted for reimbursement by highlight cleared payment. Online version is acceptable.
- Scan all supporting materials into ONE PDF document and attach to the reimbursement form.
Deadline to submit Flex reimbursements will be within 30 days of placement in market. ALL FY24 requests for reimbursement must be received by June 10, 2024.
We will follow up with a link to a customized Tracking and Impact Report (TIR), sent to you no later than spring 2024. Deadline to submit your end-of-year Tracking and Impact Report is July 10, 2024.
To Submit a Flex Reimbursement Request:
- Complete the Flex Reimbursement Request form, complete all columns in the table (scroll right to check for hidden columns), and upload supporting documentation at https://nmtourism.smapply.io (the same place you completed your initial online application).
- Ensure all advertisements are pre-approved.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Nelida Griego, Cooperative Marketing Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.