New Mexico Clean and Beautiful
The Tourism Department partners with communities to Keep New Mexico True by providing funding and technical assistance to municipalities, counties, and tribal governments on litter eradication, waste reduction, and community beautification initiatives.
The purpose of the New Mexico “Litter Control and Beautification Act,” NMSA 1978, § 67-16-1 et seq., is to accomplish litter control by vesting in the Department the authority to eliminate litter from the state to the maximum practical extent.
In FY22, New Mexico Clean and Beautiful awarded a total of $789,802.57 in funding to 53 communities across the state:
- $228,231.14 investment in litter eradication
- $95,258.32 investment in waste reduction
- $208,727.89 investment in community beautification
- $209,963.46 investment in youth empowerment
- $47,621.76 investment in program development
For additional information, please contact the Clean and Beautiful Program Coordinator: