These Homemade Dog Treats are made with peanut butter and pumpkin and are sure to be a hit! This easy recipe is made in one bowl with just 5 ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup peanut butter natural, NO Xylitol or sugar substitutes
- 2 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, NO nutmeg (can be toxic to some dogs)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, and peanut butter. Mix until completely combined.
- Add flour and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, stir until just combined.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and roll out dough to one quarter inch, using flour as needed to keep dough from sticking.
- Use a dog bone or your favorite shaped cookie cutter and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 40 minutes - depending on desired level of crunchiness.
- Remove treats from oven and place on cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Source: Trish, Mom on Timeout, https://www.momontimeout.com/homemade-dog-treats/