Hispanic travel is the fastest growing demographic market in the US, both in travel and generally. U.S. Hispanics represent more than $56 billion in leisure travel annually, and have a desire to learn more about their heritage.
In a state nestled in the Southwest, filled with culture, living traditions and heritage, New Mexico has a plethora of attractions, destinations and events to share with the nation.
With Hispanic Heritage Month right around the corner (September 15 – October 15), the New Mexico Tourism Department has plans underway to celebrate our rich and diverse cultural heritage with a PR campaign in our drive and fly markets. We need your help building out a Hispanic Heritage Month travel guide to promote visitation and extend stays in New Mexico.
How can you participate? Tell us about the unique cultural history, attractions or events in your destination or region. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- Do you have an event that falls between September 15-October 15 that commemorates Hispanic culture or history?
- What destination in your region is deeply rooted in Hispanic heritage, and how is that community still honoring those traditions?
- What fun and interesting facts can you offer regarding Hispanic Heritage Month?
- What tangible and immersive activities are offered in your region that showcase New Mexico’s Hispanic culture?
- Do you have any interesting characters that can tell the story of Hispanic heritage in your area?
Please submit your Hispanic Heritage Month related events, destinations and tourist experiences with brief descriptions to Brianna.Gallegos@state.nm.us no later than July 27, 2018 to be considered for inclusion in this campaign and featured on social media platforms.