November 2018 Updates
- HUB Destination Marketing (HDM) has been working with NMTD to complete the following PR initiatives:
- More confirmed coverage from top journalists that experienced Northwest New Mexico because of proactive pitching by HDM. HDM expects additional coverage from Tampa Bay Times and Hunt Channel in the coming months
- HDM will host journalist Jean Chen with USA Today to visit New Mexico in December
- Tampa Bay Times reporter, Misty Wells, has confirmed a January 2019 trip as a result of proactive pitching and will be visiting New Mexico to try her hand at snow skiing
- As previously mentioned, HDM/NMTD will travel to New York City and attend IMM-USA where they will pitch a minimum of 25 journalists in face-to-face appointments and host a dinner with up to eight (8) journalists – HDM will also be hosting a media mission in New York City in January 2019
- New Mexico Tourism Department also attended and participated in the TMS Family Travel Conference hosted by Gallup Real True in November. The conference is produced by HDM’s parent company J. Vero & Associates, Inc. New Mexico tourism industry partners participating included Alamogordo who won a free registration to the conference, courtesy of HDM, as a result of winning Travel Tank. Others were: Bill Lee, Gallup-McKinley County Chamber of Commerce; Everett Homer, El Morro Theatre and Events Center; Tammy Legler, Grants-Cibola County Chamber of Commerce; Brenna Moore, Albuquerque CVB.
- From July thru November 2018, publicity value for media coverage generated by HDM was $989,111
- As of November 30, 2018, the year to date publicity value for media coverage generated by HDM represents a 889.11% ROI on the FY 2018/2019 contract.
- This includes the many articles syndicated by CNHI, Tampa Bay Times, Travel+Leisure, live morning show coverage in Cincinnati and more.
- There is confirmed coverage on Gallup, Farmington, Chaco Canyon, Acoma Pueblo, and more in the coming months.