PR activity for New Mexico is off and running in high gear for this fiscal year. Our team at HUB Destination Marketing (HDM) has worked with the NMTD team to accomplish the following:
- Media coverage for New Mexico tourism continues to be strong as we move into the winter. HUB Destination Marketing (HDM) has been working with NMTD to accomplish the following:
- Continued coverage from top journalists that have confirmed they experienced Northwest New Mexico because of proactive pitching by HDM. This month, coverage was seen in Travel+Leisure and CNHI.
- HDM has confirmed two journalists who will be visiting New Mexico in December 2018 and January 2019
- HDM/NMTD plan to travel to New York City to attend IMM-USA where they will pitch a minimum of 25 journalists in face-to-face appointments and host a dinner with up to eight (8) journalists
- HDM has also kicked off planning for a January media mission in New York City
- Recent clips (all of the following coverage was a result of proactive pitching by HDM):
- Red Rock Balloon Rally and Gallup were the focus of this piece by Travel=Leisure: https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/festivals/albuquerque-new-mexico-hot-air-balloon-festival
- Farmingt0n was the focus in the first of three videos by this journalist about New Mexico for the Tampa Bay Times: Her three-part video series for the Tampa Bay Times began running in October. Links to videos will be in next month’s updates:http://www.tampabay.com/sports/outdoors/Let-s-Take-It-Outside-A-hiking-trip-on-another-planet-_172702034
- This syndicated article appeared in seven (7) newspapers: http://www.montgomery-herald.com/cnhi_network/tinkertown-where-tinkering-became-a-roadside-attraction/article_89918171-d699-5f88-b014-dcf6ee402f04.html
- This syndicated article appeared in eight (8) newspapers: http://www.oskaloosa.com/cnhi_network/revisiting-history-in-new-mexico-s-salinas-valley/article_c4ee788d-8e4f-5780-9234-7bd70e222be1.html
- This is the first of many pieces by this journalist:https://issuu.com/coastalanglermagazine/docs/tampa_e985be72ddad8b?e=26804535/64192256
Quarterly Coverage Report
- From July thru September 2018, publicity value for media coverage generated by HDM was $875.453.00
- This includes the many articles syndicated by CNHI, Travel+Leisure, live morning show coverage in Cincinnati and more. For a more comprehensive listing of media hits, refer to previous monthly updates sent via email.
- There is confirmed coverage on Gallup, Farmington, Chaco Canyon, Acoma Pueblo, and more in the coming weeks.