Important updates to the state's Disaster Recovery Assistance, as of Sept. 8, 2022.
- The San Miguel County Disaster Recovery Center is still open and providing recovery assistance, Old Memorial Middle School, 947 Legion Road, Las Vegas. Open: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
- SBA Update regarding the Low-interest SBA federal disaster assistance loans
- The Application deadline for the Physical Damage loan has been extended to October 7, 2022
- The Application deadline for the Economic Injury loan remains February 6, 2023
- Available to NM businesses and residents inc. homeowners, renters & personal property as a result of the wildfires and straight-line winds. Email: DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov, 1-800-6549-2955
- SBA New Mexico District Office 505-248-8225, www.sba.gov/nm
- FEMA Reminder: the disaster declaration has been updated to include, “Flooding, Mudflows, and Debris Flows directly related to the Wildfire.”
- New Mexico Residents DO NOT need to reapply for FEMA Assistance if they have new damage due to flood and debris flow from the burn scar areas.
- If residents who have already applied for assistance for the wildfires sustain new damage due to burn scar flooding, they should update their application and NOT reapply.
- If residents did not have damage from the wildfires but are experiencing damage now due to flooding on the burn scars and debris flow, they may be eligible for assistance now and should start the application process NOW.
NM DWS – Department of Workforce Solutions
Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- The deadline to apply for DUA was June 15, 2022 however, if your employment was impacted by the 2022 wildfires and have good cause to apply after the deadline you may call the Unemployment Insurance Operations Center at 1-877-664-6984, Monday through Friday, 7am-4:30pm.