A Marylander by birth, Emily has enjoyed being a tourist around the world. A passionate francophone/Francophile, she has spent a lot of time in France and in Europe. She worked in Boston for a few years in the travel and publishing industries, then set out for Paris, where she earned a Master’s degree from the Sorbonne in the Management and Valorization of Heritage through Tourism. After an internship in tourism marketing in Bordeaux, she headed to Guadalajara, Mexico, where she has lived over the past year and a half with her fiancé, Alberto, and their husky, Freya. She relocated to Santa Fe at the end of May, and is looking forward to exploring all that New Mexico has to offer!
Get to know Emily more:
- What do you like so far about working for the NM Tourism Department?
- The variety of projects we work on! Every day brings new themes, new ideas, new collaborations.
- What do you hope to accomplish for the tourism industry as a member of the NM True team?
- Accompany tourism stakeholders in communicating the true nature and significance of their sites, and ensure tourists connect to the sites in a meaningful way.
- What is your favorite New Mexican dish?
- I’ve only been in the state for three weeks, and haven’t yet had the opportunity to try any typical New Mexican cuisine, but I have scoped out a few chocolate places!
- What is your favorite thing about New Mexico?
- The variety of cultures, environments, and experiences found here.
- What are your hobbies?
- Reading, traveling, gardening, and getting out into nature.
- What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
- Cycling, though if hiking were an Olympic sport, I would choose that instead!