Training & Workforce Development
Many local, state and no cost on-line resources are available to provide small businesses, entrepreneurs, and existing and potential workers with the skills to grow and stay competitive in a global marketplace. A few of those resources are provided here…
WESST staff and guest experts share their knowledge on a wide range of business topics through free and low-cost on-line training courses, FREE brown bag lunch events as well as consulting for support and technical assistance. Check frequently for the latest schedule https://www.wesst.org/trainings/.
A sampling of free or low-cost on-line classes include:
- Navigating Change in a COVID World
- Truckin It Food Truck Boot Camp
- Starting Entrepreneurial Life & Direct Selling
- Human Resources Leadership
- Using Social Media to Your Advantage for Creative Entrepreneurs
- Managing Small Business Finances
- Is it a Hobby or a Business?
…and SO MUCH MORE available here.
Hospitality skills re-imagined: Equip managers and staff with understanding on the most pressing challenges you face today, including COVID-19 compliance, diversity, leadership, and mental health.
A sampling of *Free* on-line training videos for the hospitality and hotel industries, service industry, culinary and more include:
- Service practices during COVID-19 recovery
- Health and wellbeing in hospitality
- Social media for hospitality businesses
- Guest experience fundamentals
- Housekeeping applications
- Room service essentials
- Restaurant/Food Service
- Introduction to the kitchen
- Food delivery service
- Customer (experiential) service
View the complete list of 85 free and premium membership training videos available.
This service provides Continuing Professional Education (CPEs) and access to 15,000+ expert-led courses; in Business, Creative and Technology industries, including a few courses in the area of Marketing and Finance.
- One month free trial
- $29.99/mo. Or $19.99/mo if paid annually
Being a part of the LinkedIn community also provides access to COVID-19 offerings such as news, stats, impact on hiring, resources to help navigate work and coronavirus, how to connect with employees in times of stress, and give and get help from a broad community of employers.
Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOC)
The New Mexico VBOC is a great resource for
- one-on-one business counseling for verterans from all branches. Watch the presentation here to learn more about some of their services. Or contact Richard Coffel, Veterans Business Advisor by e-mail at email@example.com or call 505-383-2401
- available franchise opportunities for veterans
- available financing options to start a business
- a variety of online courses and training - free of charge through the Small Business Administration (SBA) Learning Platform