We've told you about the New Mexico True 30 as the ultimate New Mexico bucket list, but did you know that it is also a great way for the department to track visitation patterns by New Mexicans and our out-of-state guests?
The eight week New Mexico True 30 campaign kicked off in mid-August with targeted media and public relations to encourage New Mexicans to take the quiz, share their results and start traveling. After two weeks, this is what we've learned so far:
- 6, 464 people have completed the New Mexico True 30 Quiz
- 43% are native New Mexicans
- 42% have lived here longer than 1 year
- 4% have recently moved to New Mexico
- 12% are just visiting
- On average,
- Lifelong residents have visited 8 of the 30 sites
- Non-native New Mexicans have visited 7 of the 30 sites
- New residents ( < 1 year) have visited 3 of the 30 sites
- Visitors have been to 4 of the 30 sites
- Approximately 30% of the people who take the quiz have clicked "continue" to get to the Interactive Map
- Sandia Peak, Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands, Rio Grande Gorge Bridge and Bandelier Monument are the 5 most visited sites on the New Mexico True 30
Stay tuned for a complete report after the campaign ends this fall.