In this section
10 Ways to Engage with New Mexico Magazine
Since 1923, New Mexico Magazine has served as the voice of the state’s tourism, arts, recreational, and economic-development efforts. We want to tell your stories and get your message most effectively in front of our readers through our range of multimedia offerings.
Let’s dive in:
1. Look ahead. We plan much of the content of the following year’s issues in late summer, and work on details of coverage at least four months ahead of each issue’s publication. The more lead time you give us, the better your chances of getting editorial coverage. Send press releases or pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Learn the parts. We hope you’ll subscribe (see below) but you can also check out the magazine on our website. Knowing how your idea fits into our lineup will improve your pitch. Some of our regular departments include:
3. It’s in the mail. Be the first to see each issue by joining our robust subscription base.
4. It’s in the email. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, which is packed with great tips on what to see and do around the state as well as offers and tips from our advertisers.
6. Get us out there. Invite us to visit your community or location and show us all the amazing reasons your town and its people and places are great.
7. Make a social call. Until we can once again visit together in person, let’s set up a Zoom call to find out what’s new and exciting at your attraction, business, or community. When it’s safe to do so, we’d love to meet in your community or our office in Santa Fe.
8. Invite us to speak at your event. Our staff is eager share the secrets behind getting exposure in New Mexico Magazine. Reach out at email@example.com.
9. Get to know New Mexico True. Make sure you’re familiar with the marketing tools available to you through our parent agency, the New Mexico Tourism Department. Have a product? Check out the New Mexico True Certified program. Need an advertising boost? Apply for a New Mexico True Co-Op grant. Sign up for the tourism industry e-newsletter to keep up with webinars, grant opportunities, and other important information.
10. Advertise. It works. And our advertising consultants will help you create the best mix of print-and-digital packages that can include everything from traditional print and digital space to sponsored content and custom print products.
Santa Fe, Albuquerque north of I-40, and northern New Mexico
(505) 585-5569, firstname.lastname@example.org
Albuquerque south of I-40, Belen, Los Lunas, and southern New Mexico