Green Chile Lamb Burger
In New Mexico, a cheeseburger isn't complete until it's topped with green chile. Enjoy a delicious twist on a classic green chile cheeseburger with these Green Chile Lamb Burgers.
For a map of New Mexico’s green chile cheeseburger all-stars, click here!
Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail Map
- 24 oz ground lamb patty
- 4 slices of cheddar jack cheese
- 4 oz 505 Southwestern brand Flame Roasted Green Chile
- 4 oz aioli or mayonnaise
- Brioche bun
- Leaf lettuce
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- Form ground lamb into 6 oz patty. Salt and pepper patty to desired amount.
- Place patties on grill: three minutes per side for medium rare, five minutes per side for medium, or six minutes per side for medium well.
- After flipping the patty, place cheese and green chile on top of cooked patty and cover with a dome lid. Cheese will melt and adhere chile to top of patty.
- Cut bun in half. Lightly butter the inside of both halves, then place on the grill surface.
- Once bread is golden brown and toasty, spread with aioli or mayonnaise on both surfaces. Place lettuce on bottom bun half, then top with the burger and the bun.