This church, built between 1760 and 1776 is the hallmark of Las Trampas, New Mexico. It is acclaimed as a model of the adobe architecture found throughout the state and one of the best-preserved examples of Spanish Colonial churches in New Mexico. Designated a National Historic Landmark in 1970. Today, the Las Trampas Historic District preserves significant elements of the original 18th century village. The original Spanish plaza town, continually occupied throughout the Spanish, Mexican and American periods – still survives as a distinct community today.