The Paseo Project hosts the annual PASEO outdoor art festival located in Historic Downtown Taos every September since 2014. The Paseo Project lives at the center of three primary values: Art, Education, and Community. The Paseo Project’s community is both local and global, respectful and inclusive. It's mission is to transform art through community and community through art.
The PASEO Project’s vision, based on its Core Ethos:
- Create a platform for art that is experimental, time-based, ephemeral, participatory, and context responsive
- Encourage a conversation on contemporary art practices, local /global
- Engage the community through education, workshops, presentations
- Challenge art and audience, local/global
- Support local artists and businesses, emergent/established
- Respect art making